What is Evernote?
Evernote is a tool that allows you to capture a note or memo in any format (web clip of a product or service review for reference, photo of a business receipt, audio file, or text meeting or handwritten notes) and make it accessible and searchable on virtually any mobile device, on the web, or laptop. In addition, Evernote allows multiple people to collaborate on shared notebooks, which can be instantly updated as well as accessed from the desktop, web, or mobile device.
Evernote is an easy-to-use, flexible tool used to help people share information and collaborate on various projects, create a business workflow around processes, digitize important files, capture image-centric brainstorms, monitor finances, among others.
Evernote dramatically transforms the way you work. The company designs products that drive inspiration for your projects and tasks, from beginning to finish. With Evernote, you can collect and organize material that efficiently molds your work. Easily look for everything when you need it, ranging from handwritten notes to photos. Turn notes into efficient and beautiful presentations you can then display using a screen-friendly format.
Overview of Evernote Benefits
With Evernote, you can keep everything in sync. All of your notes, files, web clips, or images are available on any device and computer you are using. From short notes to lengthy research, no matter your writing form, Evernote can you focused on turning these ideas from inspiration to actual completion.
You can save every file you file cool and exciting online or in the actual world. Take photos, record audio, and save it. You can also save entire webpages to Evernote with its nifty browser extensions. You can get the whole webpage: text, images and links.
If your business involves you always moving but you want to have your notes with you, then this tool is good for you. With Evernote, your memories are readily available and accessible on any computer, phone, or device you are using.
You can also share your notes with business colleagues or friends.
In Evernote, you can keep itineraries, scanned travel documents, confirmations, maps, and plans, so you will have them easily accessible when you need them.
Evernote’s powerful search and discovery functionalities make everything you have collected so far easy to find.
Have fast and effective meetings by showing your work as it evolves. There is no need to build slides, just a single click and your notes can be quickly transformed into a screen-friendly, beautiful layout.
Overview of Evernote Features
- Web clipping support
- Mobile and Web interface
- Store notes, web clips, files and images
- Web clipper browser extensions
- Grab whole web page: text, images and links
- Edit rich text and sketches
- Content available on any device
- Save online resources in one place
- Snap photos, record audio, save documents
- Save favorite webpages
- Evernote Food for collecting food moments
- Evernote Clearly for clearing web content
- Shapes, arrows and quick sketches
- Sketch on a page and sync notes to any device
- Share notes and collaborate on files
- Annotation and markup
- Store all itineraries, confirmations, travel documents
- Other products include Skitch and Penultimate
- Give feedback and share ideas
How Much Does Evernote Cost?
Evernote Pricing Plans:
Basic – Free
- Web clipping
- Note sharing
- Access notes on 2 devices
- Passcode lock on mobile app
Plus – $3.99/month or $34.99/year
- 1 GB of new uploads/month.
- Sync to all your devices
- Clip web pages, images, PDF files.
- Search for text inside images
- Share notes with friends and colleagues
- Add passcode lock to the mobile app
- Get customer support via email
- Access notebooks offline
- Forward emails into Evernote
Premium – $7.99/month or $69.99/year
- 10 GB of new uploads/month
- All Plus features, plus:
- Search for text in PDFs and Office docs
- Annotate PDFs
- Present notes in one click
- Scan and digitize business cards
Business – $14.99/user per month
- 20 GB of new uploads/month + 2 GB/user
- All Premium features, plus:
- Single Sign-on
- Central user administration
- Collaborate in a single workspace
- Automate user provisioning with SCIM
- Collaborate and share easily with Spaces